For our language class we had to read a story called “An Astrologers Day” . Our teacher gave us some questions for us to answer and then post the answers on our blogs. Here are my answers.
1) Describe the astrologer. Do you sympathize with him?
He never wanted to be an astrologer, He had left his village without any previous thought or plan , He wasnt profesional at all, he was married, he once tried to kill.
2) What ironic elements can you find in the story? Explain.
I find ironic that the astrologer once tried to kill and crossed paths with his victim and the victim had no clue he was the one who tried to kill him.
3) what is the setting in place of the story? How do you know? Justify your answer. Quote.
The story is set in a city. “Cars hooted on the road” I know because he mentions that he used to live in a village and that you had to walk two days to get where he lived now, he also mentions trains.
4) Explain the meaning of the following terms. Illustrate them. Create hyperlinks.
To Gleam: a small beam or glow of light
To be well disposed:
For our language class we had to create a dialogue that could be reported and then record it and post it on our blogs. This is my vocaroo that I did with Luli Giambruni.
As homework, our language teacher told us to read a story on Global Tales called “An Astrologers Day”. After that she posted an activity on her blog which we had to do and put it on our blogs, this are my responses:
1) An astrology consists of several systems of divination based on the premise that there is a relationship between astronomical phenomena and events in the human world. Many cultures have attached importance to astronomical events, and the Indians,Chinese, and Mayans developed elaborate systems for predicting terrestrial events from celestial observations. In the West, astrology most often consists of a system of horoscopes purporting to explain aspects of a person’s personality and predict future events in their life based on the positions of the sun, moon, and other celestial objects at the time of their birth. The majority of professional astrologers rely on such systems. I do believe in this. As for Magic, I do believe in it, but not the magicians, i think they are fake. My beliefs are that there is magic but is unknown for now. No I have never had a magical encounter.
Continuamos trabalhando no projeto com a escola do Brasil e para esta atividade escolhi escrever sobre um canto da escola que foi significativo para mim. Tirei uma foto desse canto e vou contar por que é importante para mim. Este é meu Murally onde eu fiz a atividade.
For our language class we had to write a crime story and then post it in issuu, here’s my story
For our History class we had to present a murally about a certain topic that was given to us by our teacher, This is my Murally that i did with Juan Ignacio Lutowicz
In our Writing and Oral class, our Teacher, asked us to create a poem in which each stanza was describing an object.
Here is the poem Me, Delfi N, Luna, Lucia, Catu and Jose wrote.
It spins around like a tornado.
What was once visible becomes a spinning circle.
They open it to protect themselves
from the liquid meteorites falling from above.
Throughout your childhood, Throughout your adulthood
If its ABC or 123. Someone is there to guide you.
Its similar to a house
Every once in a while People get there and pray.
Its a strange figure
with beautiful colors and smells.
It moves fast, gliding down the concrete.
Every where it goes, It sometimes stays alone.
Its arms turn fast
a pleasant breeze creates.
Four times a day
It finds its way
Through our mouths
with a pleasing taste.
Nuestra profesora de lengua nos pidió que primero, creemos un poema y después un anti héroe basado en las cosas que vimos en clase, este es mi poema y mi personaje.
Lápiz y Mina
Lápiz y mina se amaban
pero no siempre se veían.
Su amor perjudicaba a los dos.
Una vez ida
Pero era inevitable
enamorarse de nuevo
una vez crecida.
Personificación: El Lápiz Y La Mina que se enamoran y se vuelven a enaorar cada vez.
Objetivización: El lápiz y la mina que, su amor es inevitable, ya que cada vez que la mina aparece otra vez, se vuelven a enamorar.
Anti Héroe: Chico Piedra.
Su cuerpo es entero de piedra, Todo lo que agarra se destruye.
Por último, pidió que hagamos un cómic con algún antihéroe que haya pensado uno de nuestros compañeros… elegimos a “Gretchen Manotas” de Flor Araya. Trabajé con Flor Araya, Luz García Fernández, Delfina Miy Uranga y Josefina Catani:
This is a homework that our language teacher gave us for friday. We had to watch Emma Watson’s speech and quote it after using reported speech.
1) Emma Watson said:”Fighting for women rights has too often become sinonimous with man hating”
2) Emma Watson said: “Feminism by definition is the belief that man and women should have equal rights and opportunities”
3) Emma Watson said:”I decided that i was a feminist”
4) Emma Watson said: “Feminism has become an unpopular word”
5) Emma Watson said: “This has to stop”